For the replacement of one of our rowing team members, Shimano is looking for a Sales & Marketing Officer Rowing. The Sales & Marketing Officer will apply acquired knowledge and skills to grow the business for Shimano Rowing Dynamics in the key markets in Europe. This will require creative and effective sales and marketing methods geared towards promoting Shimano Rowing Products at regattas, clinics, rowing clubs, schools and other rowing enthusiasts, rowing coaches, athletes and local organizations. As you will work in a small team, you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the content and completion of these activities.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Actively visit and be present in the rowing market and build and maintain a relation network with all players in the market, in order to keep close contact with the market and generate (potential) sales in the responsible area.
- Generate sales (and develop supportive sales & marketing tools) of the SRD products in accordance with the market action plan and in line with the targets set.
- Develop content for the SRD website and social media and keep these updated. Coordinate the sales of SRD products through the webshop.
- Make annual sales and marketing plans including event calendar, advertisements and promotion activities for the key markets.
- Coordinate sales and after-sales services towards boat builders, agents, resellers, rowing clubs and rowers.
As a Sales & Marketing Officer you will travel regularly, mainly within Europe.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A finalized commercial education on Bachelor level;
- Strong affinity with rowing (must);
- Knowledge of the business of rowing equipment;
- Preferably an established network within the rowing community;
- Some sales experience, preferably gained in an international environment;
- Self-motivated, self-directed, flexible and organized personality;
- Ability to handle and complete multiple projects thoroughly and effectively;
- Communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
Next to solid primary and secondary working conditions Shimano is offering:
- A challenging job within an international and dynamic environment.
- A highly motivated, social and dedicated team of professionals.
- Room for study & development.
- A salary based on your education and experience.
- A variable bonuses based on team and individual results.
- Flexible working hours.
Shimano developed and introduced a unique foot stretcher system and rowing shoes in the rowing world: Shimano Rowing Dynamics (SRD). Our goal has been to develop a foot stretcher system, which features Shimano’s individual shoe concept, while maintaining consistency on feeling and performance. Shimano is proud to introduce the newest addition to our individual shoe concept, the R500F-flex series. This innovative foot stretcher system features our new flexible soled rowing shoes combined with our binding system, made to fit any foot stretcher in any boat. Simply mount the binding system to your existing foot plates and clip in your own shoes. For added performance and better power transfer, we offer an extremely rigid and lightweight carbon foot stretcher option. Increase your comfort, hygiene and rowing safety by stepping into the biggest innovation in rowing footwear yet.
With this system crew members can use their own shoes―gone is the necessity of sharing footwear. Further, the independent binding units on the right and left sides can be easily adjusted to change the stance. Another advantage of the SRD Foot Stretcher is that it can be adjusted for installation in almost any boat regardless of manufacturer or type.
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle, and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe Holding B.V. is the intermediate between the head quarter in Japan and the European bicycle market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. International teamwork is important at Shimano and this becomes visible in the different nationalities working together and sharing responsibility for the success of Shimano in Europe.
“To promote health and happiness through the enjoyment of nature and the world around us”
Shimano employees are dedicated, loyal and are experiencing Shimano as a good employer in a pleasant working environment. Our people have fun in their work, fit into the organizational culture and are especially proud to work for Shimano!
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Please visit our jobsite: www.jobsatshimano-eu.com